A Project 365 Challenge Blog
Expect (at least) one photo every day for all of 2010 and watch as I capture moments of my and my family's life and improve my photography skills.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 007

I took a bunch of pics today and most of them were crap.  I was using the Lightscoop in Seth's room and apparently when I think it looks okay on the LCD screen, it is most definitely not-- it is WAY overexposed.  I should have upped my aperature (meaning, make the f-stop number larger) because my shutter speed would not go over 1/200 (I just got my 35mm/1.8 lens and I haven't read its little info packet yet... I guess that's it's parameters?) and I knew they were a little light/overexposed, I just didn't know quite how much.  Bummer because I could have gotten some good shots.  I definitely needed the Lightscoop, though, because it was really dark in Seth's room.  It's tricky to figure our your settings when you can't trust the camera's meter because you're using a flash & diffuser-type-deal!  I need to work on it.


(35mm/1.8 lens, Exposure time: 1/200 sec., f/1.8, ISO 200, flash with Lightscoop)
Nice exposure I think, I like the blurriness of the crib in the front.  Not much else to say...


(35mm/1.8 lens, Exposure time: 1/125 sec., f/2.2, ISO 200, flash with Lightscoop)
I like this one.  I like the pose, I like the composition, I like the exposure itself.  I am not sure about the blurriness of the hand holding the crib slat, though.  And it would be cool if his whole name was in the photo, but you can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment