A Project 365 Challenge Blog
Expect (at least) one photo every day for all of 2010 and watch as I capture moments of my and my family's life and improve my photography skills.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 001

Happy New Year!

Today I just played around with the camera (I have a Nikon D60) to get used to working on manual.  I began reading Understanding Exposure which has been very helpful.  I mostly played around with aperature and trying to create different depths of field, though you can't really see that with the pictures I chose to share :)


(18-55mm lens at 20mm, f/4.5, SS 1/40 sec., ISO 800, no flash)
The lady at Kroger gave Seth this balloon when we were checking out.  He loves balloons and this kind stay inflated forever!


(18-55mm lens at 36mm, f/5.3, SS 1/8 sec., ISO 800, no flash)
Seth & Daddy watching Horton Hears a Who, trying to get Seth to nap.  He never did.  At least they're cute!  I probably should have closed the window behind the tree but I didn't because I was lazy.  And afraid it'd get too dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment