A Project 365 Challenge Blog
Expect (at least) one photo every day for all of 2010 and watch as I capture moments of my and my family's life and improve my photography skills.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 006

We went to the mall for playgroup today-- they have a play area and a carousel.  I thought it would make for some great shots.  It would have, if the lighting was better.  Or if my 35mm/1.8 lens had showed up beforehand.  Oh, well.  I managed a few cute shots.  The lighting kept changing on the carousel depending on where it was in its rotation, which made things interesting. 

(18-55mm lens at 18mm, Exposure time: 1/60 sec., f/3.5, ISO 800, no flash)
I think this one is really cute!  If I had photo editing software or was a Photoshop whiz or something, I would love to get rid of the people behind Seth's head.  I love how the horses behind are sort of blurry.  I think exposure is pretty good, given my limitations of my lens and the lighting.  And the fact that the carousel was moving!  Sure does make you dizzy when you're trying to take photos and change settings and whatnot.  I'm glad I captured the memory, though.  It was Seth's first time on a carousel :)  I think the photo is much better than what it would have been had I used auto mode (which would have undoubtedly told the flash to go off).

No comments:

Post a Comment